Nothing beats a tight toned, round shapely booty and taught tummy. But I know that many of you (including me when I first started out) found the gym a little intimidating. This is why my program Body By Nina is filled with at-home workouts. Today I’ll show you some great moves you can do at home, or at the gym if you prefer.
We all need to start somewhere so if you feel like you do not have the right equipment to start exercising you are WRONG. All you need is YOU. Doing body weight exercises at home is a great way to start because when these exercises are new to you, or you are just starting out with becoming more active, these simple moves will still challenge you. Over time, they will begin to feel “easy”, which means you are getting stronger. In that case, you begin to add more weight, which you can do with some weights at home or in the gym. The important thing to do is just start, and you will begin to progress and start seeing results.
Booty & Abs sculpting Workout
6 Rounds total. Rest 45 seconds after each round and take as little rest as possible between exercises. Note: You can add weights if this is too easy for you. ES = each side.
- Squats x 15 reps
- Alternating side lunges x 12 reps ES
- Donkey Kicks x 12 reps ES
- Jack Knife Sit-Ups x 10 reps
- Russian Twists x 40 reps
- Plank x 30 seconds
1. Squats – Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Keep your core engaged. Squat down into a sitting position with your knees in line with your toes (as if you were going to sit down on a chair behind you) only go as far your motion allows keeping your weight on your heels. Then press up through your heels to the standing position and squeeze your glutes at the top.
2. Alternating Side Lunges – Start with your feet hip-width apart. Take a BIG step to one side and drop your butt towards the back wall (like a single leg squat) ensuring your knee stays in line with your toe and toes pointing forward. Keep your other leg straight. Then pushing hard through the heel push yourself back to the starting position. Repeat on the other side and continue to alternate legs.
3. Donkey Kicks – Start kneeling on the floor and place your hand on the floor in a bridge position. Keeping your tummy tight and engaged take one leg and push your heel towards the ceiling. Bring that same knee back towards your chest in a swinging motion then repeat and push your heel back up to the ceiling and squeeze your glute at the top.
4. Jack Knife Sit-ups – Start laying flat on the floor with your legs straight and arms extended above your head. Then raise your legs while reaching your arms up to touch your toes, keeping your legs and arms straight at all times. Then lay back down and repeat.
5. Russian Twists – Start in a sitting position with your feet on the floor and knees bent. Lean back slightly and engaged your core and twist over to the left as far as your can then back over to the right side.
6. Plank – Start by laying face down on the floor. Push yourself up where your forearms are on the floor and you are on your toes. Ensure your core is engaged and stays string to ensure there is not curve in your lower back, and also, ensure your butt is in line with your body and not point up like a triangle. Hold and brace here.
Now, ready, set, GO… You Got This!!
If you want more at-home workouts make sure you take a look at my program Body By Nina. You'll get a 4-week training program and meal plan.