PUMPKIN PROTEIN PANCAKES
Life is too short to eat boring, bland food, so why not have pancakes for breakfast? This is one of my absolute favourite recipes to have for breakfast or at any time of the day really!
You will find more pancake recipes in my program Body By Nina. You will also find dessert recipes that you can include in your diet every day.
Who doesn't want to be able to eat dessert every day and still see results?
Pumpkin protein pancakes
Makes 1 serve
- 200g baked pumpkin (or 2 medium bananas for a slightly higher carb alternative)
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (I used Pharma Whey or Pharmapure)
- 1 tbsp. of fat free Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 tsp. of organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. of baking powder (to make them fluffy)
- 1 tbsp. of raw cocao powder
- 1 tsp. of extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp. of stevia
- 1 tbsp. of boiling hot water
- 1 tbsp. of protein powder
Other things you will need:
- Frying Pan
- Coconut oil spray or 1/2 tsp. of extra virgin coconut oil
- Pancake spatula
- Combine all of the pancake ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. I use my nutri-bullet - it's the best thing ever and it's amazing for all of the smoothies I make.
- Spray a pan with coconut oil spray (or simply use 1/2 tsp coconut oil and coat the pan).
- Let the pan heat up for a minute. Make sure the pan is set to a low heat.
- Spoon the pancake mix into the pan into small round circles.
- One pancake should be about 3-4 tablespoons of mixture. Repeat until you have 3 small pancakes on the pan.
- Cook for 3-4minutes or until pancakes are firm enough to flip. Cook for a further 2 minutes until golden and firm. Once done transfer to a plate.
- Set aside and prepare the topping.
- Place the protein powder, cocoa, stevia and coconut oil into a cup.
- Add the water and stir until smooth. You may need more hot water depending on the consistency of your protein powder.
- Drizzle on top of pancakes and enjoy.
Note: Top with anything you like! I love to mix it up and add berries, banana, cocoluscious ice cream (it's an organic gluten and dairy-free ice cream) or Walden Farms sugar-free maple syrup or pancake syrup.
Macros (without topping): Calories: 300, Protein: 36g, Carbs: 17g, Fat: 5g